Thursday 13 October 2011

Thing 23: Reflection - What next?


The journey of the cps23 programme has just finished but my personal development journey has just started. I enjoyed the programme and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in wanting to know web 2.0, social media and networking better.  I can sum up my experience with the 23 tools in six words as “I definitely developed professionally and personally”

First tool introduced by CPD 23 (blogging), is indeed very useful tool to me. I was blogging before but not at this level. It gave me the chance to pick up some interesting, encourage and inspiring blogs. Those blogs enable me to develop a wider understanding of our profession and gave me insight into how fellow librarians and information professionals are dealing with current changes affecting our profession.

 I learnt some new tools and develop some old ones further. Some of the tools I use now daily in my work. They helped me to organise my work effectively and efficiently. Other tools have not had the time to look closely at them therefore have not used them yet but I will definitely revisit them.

I am better aware of where I want to be, where the gaps in my experience are and what the requirements for my next move are. The template provided by the CPD team is a good start for planning my PDP time wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment