Tuesday 20 September 2011

Thing 18: screen capture & podcasting


This is my first time to explore and use Jing. I used to rely on using print screen tab to capture screen. After a little play with it I decided to download it http://www.techsmith.com/jing which was easy and use straight away.

I think of it as the right tool came in the right time. We have changed our library management system recently. Since the system is new to students and teacher we have to start training them on how the use it to find their information needs. I would use this tool to show them how to set up, access and manage their own portal on the new system. I think I will be using both features of capturing and videoing to make it easier and clearer for them. Also, it will probably help me to design and enhance the look of the library’s website by making it more attractive and inviting to parents and students alike to access it more often. 

Podcasting, I started to use it sometime ago for personal purpose. I use it to keep up with some my favourite series of programme. Every weekend I download the episodes I missed during the week on my i pod then listen to them while driving on my way to and from work. It’s some thing that I look forward to do every weekend. I have not experience using it at work but I can see many ways of using to enhance some of the services my library provide to its patrons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment