Tuesday 20 September 2011

Thing 19: am I now a better Librarian armed with 18 things?

Only four/five tools to go before the cpd 23 goes. Sounds like I cannot wait for the things to disappeared but that is not true. I‘m delighted I joined cpd 23 series of tools. I am enjoying it so far and look forward every week to tackle a new challenge. Yes, they are challenging me as majority of the tools the team introduced so far I have not use before. I might have heard of them or used some of them at a limited level. Some time it is not easy to find the time to keep up with programme but I am determining to continue until the end! I will probably revisit some of the tools that I think are useful for my current and future job.

Now, how the cpd did developed my working style and understanding of web 2.0
As results of Joining the cpd I managed to expand my RSS list I hope I haven’t over did it, created discussion and contributed to many professional discussions, joined new interesting professional groups and now receiving regular updates and news from them, I am more and more reflecting than before at the personal and professional level, Google Doc. I use it on a daily basis to create and save documents. It’s my cloud and I cannot imagine myself working without it. I wanted to use Dropbox when it was introduced to save my documents but couldn’t download it because I am working in one of those countries affected by US sanction. Google Calendar is another important tool to me personally and professionally. I rely on it to organise my work and my family activities. It’s the first thing I open and leave open all day on my laptop.
Last but not least blogging, what a great way of keeping breast of what is going on in the profession and sharing your experience and interests with colleague from all kind of library and information professions.     

No comments:

Post a Comment